For Mac or Linux users, see Downloading the latest software update to a USB via a Mac. For more information on this update, see software release notes Version 220.127.116.11. Watch videos to learn about downloading software to a USB and updating software in a boiler with a touchscreen controller.
The instructions below cover steps on how to download software for a software update in a V10 touchscreen controller using a USB stick or SD card from Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and MS Edge.
Important: Read all the instructions on the complete software update process for software release IBCv10_1_10_2_1.exe, then navigate to the bottom of the page, and then click the "Get The Update" button.
This software has been created to work with all current "G3" products, and is backward compatible with any IBC boiler using a V-10 touchscreen controller.
When installing this software IBC recommends you disable the load demands at the boiler.
Please keep reading the information below.
The complete software update process is as follows:
- Download to your desktop a generator file (IBCv10_1_10_2_1.exe), which is a software program that creates the software update files. In the graphical examples shown below, assume the images are showing the latest version IBCv10_1_10_2_1.exe.
- Extract the software update files to a USB stick or SD card.
- Take the USB or SD card to a boiler site, insert it into the side of a touchscreen controller, and download the software.
You will download a software generator program consisting of three files that have been compressed into a zip file (a zip file is a collection of files that saves time and space, making the files faster to download to a system). You will click "Get the Update" button, run or open the program depending on the browser you are using, enter the drive (e.g., D:\) location of the USB, and extract the files to the USB.
Click the icon (shown at the bottom of the page).
Each browser downloads the software program differently as shown below. You may also see different screens depending on the virus scanner program your system is using.
Follow the relevant browser dropdown instructions below.What happens after clicking "The Get The Update" button in the Google Chrome browserWhat happens after clicking "The Get The Update" button in the Microsoft Edge browserWhat happens after clicking "The Get The Update" button in the Mozilla Firefox browser
What happens after clicking "The Get The Update" button in the /Internet Explorer browserWhen you click the Get The Update button in the browser the following popup displays.
When you click the Get The Update button in the Firefox browser, the following popup is displayed.
Click the Save File button.
In the top right corner of your browser, see a download icon. The Download icon will turn blue when the file has been saved.
Click the button.
- Click on the area highlighted in the above popup (not on the folder icon).
- Go to Step 3.
A self-extracting window is displayed.
Now you will need to enter the location of the USB or SD card drive where you want to extract the files to (example: D:\). This means that you will need to type over text currently in the Zip Self-extracting archive pop-up.
- In the Zip Self-extracting archive pop-up, highlight the text currently in the box, and enter the letter (example: D:\) of your USB stick or SD card. Make sure the letter includes the colon and backslash.
You can use the button to browse your computer, and select the drive (of your USB stick or SD card).
Click the Extract button to extract the files.
When the self-extracting popup disappears, the software update has been downloaded to the USB stick or SD card. If you navigate to the USB drive, there should be three files similar to those shown in the image below.
- Eject the device from your computer.
Note that you can use the same program on your computer to make unlimited update devices.
Now you can download the software from the device to a boiler's touchscreen controller. See Downloading software from the USB or SD card to a touchscreen controller.
- At the boiler, remove active calls for heat. The home screen should show a "Standby" status.
- Carefully insert the USB stick or SD card into one of the ports on the left-hand side of the controller.
- On the controller screen, tap Main Menu>Diagnostics>Advanced Diagnostics>Software Update.
- Select the appropriate device (SD-Card or USB).
- If you do not get a response, select Cancel and try again.
The controller checks if a software update is required. If required, the system prompts you for permission to proceed.
- Select Yes and OK.
If you see a message "Could not mount flash device", select Cancel and try again. The controller automatically restarts after loading the update, and the process takes a few minutes.
Note: Do not remove the USB before the software update has finished as this will cause the update to fail.
- To check that the controller has the latest software release, go to Main Menu>Diagnostics>Boiler Information>Software Release.
When a software update is performed, the touchscreen controller is put into "service" mode. This prevents the system from servicing loads.